Nicola is an Executive Producer working across a range of projects in development and production. She is the exec and co-creator of Marcella and 8 x 60 thriller for ITV/Buccaneer written by Hans Rosendfeldt (creator of The Bridge) She is also an Executive Producer at Leopardrama, where she works on a varied development slate. Nicola has previously worked at BSkyb drama commissioning as a Drama Development Executive and was a producer on Casualty and Waterloo Road.
Original series co-created by Nicola Larder and Hans Rosenfeldt, (Creator of ‘The Bridge’)
8 x 60 Drama
Due for transmission in 2016
Currently working across a slate of development projects.The slate includes a 90 minute single film about athlete Mo Farrah, in development with Polly Hill for BBC2.
Her thriller project ‘Cobra’ , co-created with Jonathan Young is in development with writer Ben Richards attached.
Producer & Development Producer
Development Producer on ‘Sibling Rivalry’ a crime series optioned by World. Written by Rachel Flowerday, Exec Jake Lushington.
Worked on a number of projects as a development producer with MD Ben Grass, including : ‘Corbally’, a period Horror Series and ‘The Grid’, a series set in the world of Formula One racing.
– Executives; Head of Drama, Anne Mensah and Cameron Roach.
– Broadcast Exec on series dramas in production and in development. These included;
– DRACULA (10x1hr) for Sky Living. Transmitted Oct 2013 – Jan 2014.
– THE TUNNEL (10x1hr) for Sky Atlantic. Transmitted Sept 2013 – Jan 2014.
– THE PSYCHOPATH NEXT DOOR, a pilot for Sky Living, made by ITV Studios.
– LAWLESS, a pilot for Sky Living, made by TwentyTwenty.
– RANKIN DISCOVERS, a 4×45 minute series for Arts with famed photographer and filmmaker Rankin. TX’s summer 2015.
– FUNGUS THE BOGEYMAN, in development with Imaginarium for Xmas 2015. Written by Tom Macrae.
– CRITICAL, in development with Hattrick for Sky One. Written by Jed Mecurio.
– Shed Productions/BBC1
– 30 x 60 Eps of Series 8
– Executive Producer, Cameron Roach.
– Produced 30x1hour episodes of series 8.
– Managed the process of relocating the drama from its original Rochdale base to its new Scotland base in Greenock
– Oversaw story lines including the school’s re-launch in
Scotland under the auspices of philanthropist, Lorraine
Donegan (Daniella Denby Ash)
– Directors included Nigel Douglas, Roberto Banguar and Craig
– Executive Producers, Jonathan Young and Nikki Wilson.
– Producer across series 24 and 25 (each series is 48 x 1hr).
– A key member of the production team as the drama closed
down shooting in Bristol and relocated to Cardiff.
– A block producer across the drama’s 25th anniversary.
– Produced the first episodes ever shot in Cardiff
– Directors included Decland O’Dwyer, Reza Moradi, Nigel
Douglas, Tim Leandro and Steve Brett
– Writers commissioned included Tom Macrae, Rachel Flowerday, Steve McAteer
– Executives, Belinda Campbell and Oliver Kent.
– Managed a department that story-lined and edited 2×48 episodes (series 24 and 25)
– Employed regular core and episodically commissioned writers as well as managing the BBC Writers Academy intake who wrote 8/48 episodes
– Led 4 annual story conferences alongside the show-runner Mark Cately
– Executive, Michael Wigs
– Developed original drama concepts for Ray Winstone.
– Worked closely with Eleanor Moran (Former BBC Wales commissioning Exec).
– Executives, Gina Carter and Stephen Fry.
– Commissioned by Eleanor Moran at BBC Wales to develop a 5 part noir thriller with director, Marc Evans.
– Starring Matthew Rhys and Michael Sheen.
– Executives for Tiger Aspect were Greg Brenman, Richard Fell and for ITV1, Laura Mackie and Victoria Fea
– x 1 hr romantic comedy for ITV1 broadcast Dec 2009
Commissioned Amanda Coe to write
– Cast included Michelle Ryan, Sean Maguire, Olivia Coleman, Denis Lawson and Lynda Bellingham
– Executives Greg Brenman, Richard Fell and Foz Allen
– Managed a slate of series and serial ideas in development with UK and international broadcasters
– Worked with writers including Neil Labute, Katie Baxendale, William Osborne, Sam Vincent, Alex Cary and Marston Bloom
– Executives Mike Dormer, Tom Sherry, Alex Graham and Eleanor Moran for the BBC.
– Script editor and story-liner on two and a half series of BBC ratings winner.
– Audiences averaged 9 million. The biggest mid week BBC success for 5 years.
– Writers included Nick Fisher, Lisa Holdsworth, Howard Overman and Steve Coombes.
– Executive was Jane Hewland.
– Nicola worked her way up from Assistant Script editor to running a department of in house script editors and writers to storyline and edit 64 episodes of DREAM TEAM series 5 & 6.
– Writers included Jesse O’Mahoney, Ellen Taylor, Rachel Flowerday and Ben Harris
Responsible to Head of Drama, Sophie Balhetchet and Tony Garnett.
Worked across projects including Trance (Joe Adherne), Table 12 (new writers), Men Only (C4) starring Marc Warren, Martin Freeman and Stephen Moyer.